Mark Caldwell is the owner of Feetology Podiatry Centre in Victoria Point, Brisbane, and over the past twenty-plus years, he has honed his skills as a podiatrist, business owner and mentor.
Mark’s first job had no mentoring, which is why he places so much emphasis on this aspect of his business and encourages other business owners to do the same. If we want younger podiatrists to stay in the profession, we all must try to mentor them properly.
“Keep challenging yourself as you go through your career, and keep looking for new things to do and to learn. It will keep you fresh and excited about our profession”.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How your interest in podiatry changes as you gain experience and see more varied patients.
- The importance of choosing the right employer, especially when you first graduate.
- Why he wanted to work for himself and control his destiny.
- Purchasing an existing podiatry business and building it from a two-day-a-week practice to employing multiple podiatrists.
- Focusing his time and energy on building Feetology and not taking a second job to supplement his income in the early days.
- How Mark and his wife Ariella decided on the name Feetology.
- Growing as an employer takes time.
- His Unofficial PracSuite Users Group on Facebook (currently 160 members).
PODIATRY BUSINESS COACH
Hi, I’m Tyson Franklin, and if you’re looking for a one-on-one podiatry business coach with a proven track record of helping podiatrists excel in business, look no further. I know I can help you.
If you’re interested in attending one of my LIVE business events, details can be found at https://www.podiatrylegends.com/upcoming-events/
PODIATRY BUSINESS OWNERS CLUB
Are you a podiatrist or podiatry student with an interest in business?
If you are, all you need to do is answer three simple questions to join my Facebook Group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/podiatrybusinessownersclub.
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Have you checked out my YouTube Channel – Tyson E. Franklin? I upload videos of my podcast interviews and other short educational videos here.